The Pre-Construction Manager is responsible and accountable for managing all aspects of the estimating process. This includes providing cost estimates from conceptual pricing through completion of GMP, generating preliminary construction schedules, identifying and assessing risk, and clarifying major assumptions made in preparing estimates. This role will report to the President of Construction and is based in Carlsbad, CA.
- Prepare construction estimates including quantity surveys, scope descriptions, pricing, distribution of bid packages, bid receipt, bid analysis, and review of estimated costs with Director of Preconstruction.
- Utilize software including Bluebeam and Procore.
- Participate in OAC / Design team meetings throughout entire predevelopment process.
- Create and maintain Budget Control Log to identify potential changes in cost and / or scope.
- Create and update market specific preconstruction schedule using MSProject.
- Coordinate construction estimates with accounting cost codes.
- Create and maintain a historical cost database for use in generating conceptual pricing.
- Oversee Assistant Preconstruction Manager(s) to assist in the review of subcontractor scopes to identify any errors and omissions.
- Assist Project Management team with the award of trade packages when necessary.
- Manage subcontractor and vendor relationships by seeking qualified and quality-oriented subcontractors.
- Maintain quarterly of a regional Commodity Tracker for material trends affecting construction costs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with the materials, methods and costs related to multi-family construction; up-to-date with the trends in cost, technologies and materials
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Bluebeam and Procore
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and prioritize tasks appropriately