TCR is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to process existing development pursuits and assist with underwriting new target opportunities. This position will report to the Managing Director and the VP of Development in TCR’s Pacific Northwest Division located in Seattle, WA. The position is focused on the ground-up development of market-rate multifamily rental projects. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with numerous roles from underwriting potential new developments to processing existing opportunities. A vehicle will be required for site visits and to attend meetings in the Seattle and Portland MSAs. The ideal applicant will have experience processing development in the Pacific Northwest, zoning and permitting processes and working with architects and general contractors. This is an entry level position and an ideal opportunity to launch a development career with one of the largest developers in the country and the Pacific Northwest.
- Conduct research and analysis for the development team for the pursuit of new development including research, market analysis and preliminary due diligence.
- Prepare investment committee memo’s, equity investment prospectus books, debt prospectus books
- Submit data and research information for preliminary due diligence including soft cost research, preliminary environmental analysis, preliminary specification analysis, market analysis, financial feasibility, and presentations.
- Coordinate with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, project managers and other team members.
- Research zoning and master plan information, new development pipeline, transportation improvement plans and building and permit codes and fees.
- Oversee construction draw process and develop monthly project reports.
- Conduct market analysis to determine competitive rent rates, demographic analysis and competitive amenities offered in development area.
- Create pro forma for new developments including market information, operating expense data and estimated hard and soft costs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Real Estate or other related field.
- Strong desire to start and build a career in Multi-family development and willingness to be a key member of the team.
- Experience with coordinating consultants during design/ development process and tracking budget, change orders, construction reports, etc.
- Highly analytical and research driven.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills to prepare in-depth data and research analysis.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local codes preferred.
- Polished communicator with ability to maintain strong working relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills.