Head of Marketplaces
Crow Holdings is a real estate investment and development firm headquartered in Dallas. With a 70-year operating history and a proven track record of performance and innovation, the Company is unsurpassed in its industry reach and access. One of Crow Holdings’ signature assets is the Dallas Market Center (DMC), a 5M sq ft market constructed in 1957 that established the North American B2B trade mart industry. Today the DMC offers the most complete wholesale merchandise marketplace in North America, and each year welcomes 200,000 buyers and conducts more than 50 buying events for retailers and interior designers. Beyond North America, Crow Holdings also plays a role in international B2B commerce through an ownership stake in the Brussels International Trade Mart and a partnership with Dubai Global Connect.
In addition to Crow Holdings’ physical trade mart platform, the Company also holds a majority equity stake in MarketTime, a leading B2B digital wholesale platform offering thousands of brands, sales agencies and retailers access to an integrated sales system and marketplace. By leveraging the capabilities of Crow Holdings’ physical trade marts and MarketTime, the platform enables seamless integration of physical and digital markets across three continents, offering a truly omnichannel experience for customers.
The Head of Marketplaces will serve as the leader of Crow Holdings’ integrated marketplace portfolio, with the mandate to maximize the value of the portfolio. This role will report directly into the CEO of Crow Holdings. This role will lead and collaborate with the CEO of the DMC and the CEO of MarketTime to set the strategic direction for the portfolio and execute the strategy.
This individual will work with the CEO of MarketTime to define the commercial model and establish the strategic plan for the business, with a focus on building out a sales and marketing function and enhancing the MarketTime platform.
This individual will also lead the delivery of an omnichannel B2B wholesale strategy. This will require bringing the best of the DMC and MarketTime together and cultivating high-value partnerships to enhance the scale of the platform.
This role presents the opportunity to actively manage and grow a compelling B2B marketplace portfolio, while leveraging the resources and network of Crow Holdings.
- Own the strategy and value capture across Crow Holdings’ marketplace portfolio
- Manage strategic tradeoffs and determine resource allocation across the portfolio
- Serve as Crow Holdings’ asset manager for the portfolio, taking a holistic view of value optimization
- Interface with the broader Crow Holdings organization to uncover and capture synergies
- Inspire and collaborate with the leaders of DMC, Brussels International Trade Mart, and MarketTime to set and execute on the overall strategic plan
- Work with the CEO of MarketTime to set and execute the strategic direction for the business and build out the team
- Set strategic direction including value proposition, commercial model, platform focus and target customers
- Develop and manage P&L, targets, and budgets
- Set a comprehensive sales plan and build out the sales/marketing teams and supporting infrastructure
- Partner with the founder of MarketTime to drive platform development and software priorities
- Work with the CEO of the DMC to lead the development of the integrated DMC and MarketTime
- Drive partnership outcomes, including partner identification, prospecting, negotiations, and management
- Work closely with DMC leaders and leasing teams to define the model, and identify & execute opportunities
- Be a key voice in representing the DMC and MarketTime integrated omnichannel offering to the market
Desired Skills & Experience
- 15+ years in a leadership role focused on growing sales and building partnerships in an omnichannel environment
- Demonstrated passion for building a business and growing a team
- B2B wholesale and/or retail industry background preferred
- Technology / ecommerce partnership development experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and move others to action
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, detail-oriented
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Intellectually curious, highly self-motivated & action-oriented
To apply, please send a resume to Jenn Cook at email@example.com