Crow Holdings Capital
Crow Holdings is a privately-owned, Dallas-based real estate investment and development firm with a 70-year operating history and $20 billion of assets under management. With a strong track record of performance across property types and market cycles, its activities span a range of strategies and return profiles. Operating from 17 offices across the U.S., Crow Holdings has extensive industry reach with expertise in multifamily, industrial, office and specialty sectors. Over the past 40 years, Crow Holdings operating companies have developed or acquired more than 1,000 multifamily communities, representing more than 300,000 units, and since 1998, have developed or acquired nearly 90 million square feet of industrial real estate across the U.S.
The Director - Tax, Portfolio Management will join CHC’s Portfolio Management team. This position provides the unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the private equity real estate business and support CHC’s successful market-tested strategies in a competitive investment environment. Candidates will be expected to work closely with all functions of CHC, including acting as a liaison between Investment Committee, Investor Relations, General Counsel, Compliance, Asset Management, Analysts, Tax Firms, and the Fund Administrator.
- Research and consult with senior leadership, outside attorneys, tax firms, and investors on complex tax planning, tax efficient deal/venture structuring alternatives, and the implications thereof
- Oversee fund administrator’s tax team ensuring timely completion of tax returns, K-1s, waivers, payments, REIT compliance, and responses to investor tax requests
- Assist fund administrator with calculation of deferred tax assets and liabilities for quarterly financial statements and federal and state tax estimates, including foreign withholdings, for monthly distributions
- Work with tax firms on issues of tax allocations, distributions, UBTI, gain estimates, and partner estimates
- Review tax engagement contracts and fees
- Establish and document consistent tax policies and procedures across various real estate funds and ventures with multiple tax firms
- Identify best-practice tax policies for improved tax efficiencies
- Provide support to transactions team by managing entity creation and dissolution process as it relates to tax filings, W-9s, 8832s, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years professional tax experience with private equity real estate fund experience, preferably with a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) and with open end real estate funds
- Superior oral/written communication skills, prior experience interacting with investors a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline, CPA
- Experience at one of the Big Four accounting firms (KPMG, EY, PWC & Deloitte) a plus
- Real estate and partnership tax compliance/consulting
- REIT experience
- Advanced proficiency in Excel/Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents and structures
- Key traits for success: Strong work ethic; Reliable and team-oriented; Relationship builder; Flexible; Organized; Detail-oriented; Analytical
To apply, please click here.