Director of Research - SMU & Crow Holdings
The Director of Research for Crow Holdings will also hold a comparable position with the Folsom Institute for Real Estate within the SMU Cox School of Business and will have a scope and mandate that spans both organizations. This role will work closely with leadership of both organizations to develop co-branded intellectual content related to the commercial real estate industry including opinion pieces, white papers and videos and will engage with investors and industry groups on behalf of Crow Holdings and SMU.
• Develop innovative and thought provoking research across the broader U.S. real estate investment landscape, particularly focusing on the perspectives and objectives of leading institutional investors real estate operators and developer
• Responsible for developing thought leadership pieces including white papers, opinion pieces and similar articles that may be published in national or industry publications and/or distributed to Crow Holdings and SMU Folsom Institute investors, alumni and affiliates in written and video form
• Participation on behalf of SMU Folsom Institute and Crow Holdings at industry events, speaking on panels or delivering presentations at conferences, meeting with investors globally • Working closely with the Crow Holdings investment teams and SMU Cox real estate faculty to develop themes, ideas and investment theses
• Teaching two or more classes at SMU Cox School of Business, engaging with and advising students
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's degree is required. Master's is preferred
• A minimum of ten years’ of professional work experience in a research capacity within a highly regarded real estate organization, including, but not limited to, an academic institution, professional industry organization, real estate investment management company or real estate services firm is required
• Preference for candidate to have worked in editorial or journalistic capacity for an industry publication or otherwise generating analytics and opinion pieces related to the commercial real estate industry
Click here to apply.