Crow Holdings Energy is seeking a Vice President or Director – Community Solar Development to lead the planning and development of community solar projects in the Midwest and Western US. The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years of experience with solar project development and at least two years of specific community solar experience. Candidate can be located at Crow Holdings offices in Denver, CO.
- Evaluate the viability of sites through site visits, desktop diligence review, local permitting process analysis, and review of various site conditions (i.e. environmental, zoning, utility/offtake program compatibility, etc.)
- Oversee site origination, site control negotiation, project permitting, utility interconnection, and tax agreement negotiation
- Develop long-term relationships with site owners, energy users and other project stakeholders
- Actively manage development schedule and budget to ensure timely and cost-effective projects
- Manage external consultants as needed in conjunction with project permitting activities
- Foster support from state, county and local governments, community groups
- Engage in public policy efforts in the region around Community Solar
- Approximately 25% travel, including local and occasional overnight travel as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of energy industry experience in a development or project management role, with specific experience with community solar
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player
- Proven experience with entitlement and regulatory issues around solar permitting/entitlement
- Strong working knowledge of key financial metrics required
- Experience successfully negotiating agreements with landowners, development partners, taxing authorities, community solar subscription service providers, etc.