Crow Holdings Energy is seeking a Vice President or Director – Community Solar Development to lead the planning and development of community solar projects in the Northeast. The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years of experience with solar project development and at least two years of specific community solar experience. Candidate can be located at Crow Holdings offices in Boston, Montclair, NJ, New York or Arlington, VA.
- Evaluate the viability of sites through site visits, desktop diligence review, local permitting process analysis, and review of various site conditions (i.e. environmental, zoning, utility/offtake program compatibility, etc.)
- Oversee site origination, site control negotiation, project permitting, utility interconnection, and tax agreement negotiation
- Develop long-term relationships with site owners, energy users and other project stakeholders
- Actively manage development schedule and budget to ensure timely and cost-effective projects
- Manage external consultants as needed in conjunction with project permitting activities
- Foster support from state, county and local governments, community groups
- Engage in public policy efforts in the region around Community Solar
- Approximately 25% travel, including local and occasional overnight travel as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of energy industry experience in a development or project management role, with specific experience with community solar
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player
- Proven experience with entitlement and regulatory issues around solar permitting/entitlement
- Strong working knowledge of key financial metrics required
- Experience successfully negotiating agreements with landowners, development partners, taxing authorities, community solar subscription service providers, etc.