The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the construction of multiple assigned multifamily communities. This position is also responsible for providing leadership to the projects teams in order to satisfy the construction goals, with regard to schedule completion, quality, cost control, and profitability.
- Coordinate project planning, assist in the development of budgets, and review and select subcontractors and suppliers
- Provide assistance to the President of Construction with management duties as required
- Responsible for project administration, project cost control including review and approval of sub-contractor/supplier requisitions, field purchases, back charges, and extra work orders
- Develop and maintain working relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, building officials
- Direct and supervise the Construction and Administrative team
- Act as liaison between Construction, Development, and Residential Services Departments
- Responsible for making sure all reports and inspections are responded to.
- Ensure work with subcontractors is coordinated with regard to change orders, plan discrepancies and coordination
- Report the progress of projects to Construction President and Development Partner
- Recommend and develop new systems in order to create efficiency and productivity
- Oversee the day-to-day construction activity
- Address all warranty issues and complete final documentation
- Prepare and maintain the RFI, Change Order, Submittal, and Buy-Out logs
- Draft and supervise subcontract and supply agreements
- Implement and maintain all required project schedules.
- Implement and administer the Company’s Quality Plan in accordance with the established quality guidelines
- Create and maintain Construction Status Report (CSR) on a monthly basis which provides a cost summary, schedule overview, and forecast where the property will be at completion
- Assure applications for payment are being reviewed, approved, processed, and paid
- Coordinate and direct the estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, and construction functions
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, with major coursework in architecture, engineering, construction science, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years related experience in multi-family construction industry with a minimum of 5 years management experience is required for this position.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience working in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area