MarketTime is a leading software provider in the b2b wholesale marketplace, serving clients across North America and other global countries. MarketTime is a key partner of Crow Holdings, a privately owned real estate investment and development firm. Note that this is a MarketTime role, not a Crow Holdings role.
This person will own several key company initiatives as an integral part of the finance and strategy teams. Responsibilities include helping drive the strategy and accountability of the business through detailed operational forecasts, gross margin analysis, KPI and metrics reporting, quarterly business reviews and strategic financial planning across the company. This role will play a critical role in modeling and executing the company strategy and ensuring we achieve our goals.
As our VP of Finance, you will act as a strategic partner to the CEO/COO while leading our Finance team and you will play a key role in maximizing enterprise value by developing, monitoring and evaluating overall corporate financial strategy. This role will also lead the charge for the company’s Growth Funding Round in Q1 2023.
- Oversees the operations of the finance department, including optimizing the departmental processes to achieve department’s goals and objectives
- Lead the charge for the company’s Growth Funding Round
- Manages core financial business processes: billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, budgeting/planning and forecasting, cash management, and general reporting
- Develops financial models to create business cases/ ROI analyses with recommendations for action to Executive Management
- Develops monthly financial analysis compared to month over month and year over year budgets
- Develops quarterly financial analysis for quarterly presentations
- Provides monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close
- Coordinates the annual financial statement audit with the external auditors
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls and educates staff regarding the same
- Implements controls/process improvements to strengthen financial processes and remediate issues as they arise
- Hires, trains, develops and retains skilled accounting staff as needed Be the finance lead to all department leaders and drive improvements across the P&L with a strong focus on key trends and metrics
- Provide month-end, quarter-end budget to actual variance analysis and lead the preparation of the annual operating plan by engaging with leadership to build strategic plans and targets and convert into the financial budget.
- Assist in preparation and presenting financial and operational KPIs and highlighting key business metrics, variance to budget and other relevant trends
- Advanced experience in demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis related to all areas of the business
- Assist in financial analysis and modeling of possible M&A targets and help lead integration of any completed transactions
- Prepare and manage materials associated with any financing activities, including reporting requirements of current investors
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related degree
- 10+ years of experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A, investment banking, private equity, consulting, or another related field
- 5+ years in a senior financial leadership role
- Strong control orientation, with proven hands-on experience in leading and enhancing financial controls
- Strong problem solving and creative skills, the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Excellent spoken and written communication and experience partnering with an executive team, especially as it relates to communicating financial data
- Experience in entrepreneurial environments and in the creation of metrics (KPIs) as well as setting, measuring, and enforcing financial and operational standards
- A proven performer who is motivated, focused, passionate, and inspires confidence in employees and senior management
- Must have: strong financial modeling skills and understanding of financial statement analysis including balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Demonstrated analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of key results
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across various teams to drive the right outcomes
- High comfort level with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of QuickBooks & NetSuite a plus
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints and detail oriented
- Can think critically about business challenges while simultaneously absorbing new knowledge and information
- Able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment and can navigate the ambiguities that come with it.
Nice to Have:
- Contract management experience
- HR management and systems experience