Trammell Crow Residential (TCR) is a leading multifamily real estate developer with a local presence in 17 key U.S. markets. Over 40 years, TCR has built more than 283,000 premier multifamily residences, delivering amenity-rich communities in economically thriving locations nationwide. TCR is part of the development platform of Crow Holdings, a privately owned real estate investment and development firm with 75 years of history, $30 billion of assets under management, and an established platform with a vision for continued success. For more information, please visit www.crowholdings.com.
The Development Analyst is responsible for researching information for the development team for the pursuit of new projects. This position will conduct numerous analyses of current market demographics; current rents; analysis of developmental sites in similar geographical areas; and other environmental and specification analysis. This position is also responsible for various assignments on projects under construction. The role is based in our Carlsbad, CA office.
- Conduct research and analysis for the development team for the pursuit of new development including research, market analysis and preliminary due diligence
- Prepare investment committee memo’s, equity investment prospectus books, debt prospectus books
- Submit data and research information for preliminary due diligence including soft cost research, preliminary environmental analysis, preliminary specification analysis, market analysis, financial feasibility, and presentations
- Coordinate with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, project managers and other team members
- Research zoning and master plan information, new development pipeline, transportation improvement plans and building and permit codes and fees
- Oversee construction draw process and develop monthly project reports
- Conduct market analysis to determine competitive rent rates, demographic analysis and competitive amenities offered in development area.
- Create pro forma for new developments including market information, operating expense data and estimated hard and soft cost
Desired Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Real Estate or other related field
- Strong desire to start and build a career in multifamily development and willingness to be a key member of the team
- Experience with coordinating consultants during design/ development process and tracking budget, change orders, construction reports, etc.
- Highly analytical and research driven
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills to prepare in-depth data and research analysis
- Knowledge of federal, state and local codes preferred
- Polished communicator with ability to maintain strong working relationships
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills