The Contract Assistant position works with the construction management team in all duties regarding building projects from the conceptual stage to the project close-out. Primary responsibilities include handling all contracts with our sub-contractors.
- Creates and prepares all subcontracts, purchase orders, and changes orders, distributes and entry into Timberline software.
- Insurance/OCIP Management, works with our OCIP partner to collect and maintain Subcontractor insurance documents.
- Prepares and collects required lien releases.
- Collects warranty information and prepares warranty book at project end.
- Works with projects managers in the procurement of permits.
- Maintains the purchase order procedure. Purchases orders (PO) will be written for all materials purchased. Materials purchased are to be purchased in a lump sum not to exceed unit figure for all items.
- Works with the project manager to establish priorities and critical path items.
- Creates report showing outstanding items hat have not been provided by subs such as unsigned contracts, insurance, lien releases, etc.
- Has a weekly meeting with the project manager and vice-president of construction to review project status. (i.e. logs, turnover schedules and subcontractors status.)
- Validation of Subcontractor payment requests & supporting documentation
- Oversees construction files which are comprised of subcontracts; purchase orders, change orders, insurance information, checks and corresponding lien release and correspondence.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Two years of college or secretarial school is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years of related work experience with one year in the construction industry preferred.
- Experience with Procore and Timberline.
- Notary public is a plus.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical and accounting functions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.