This position will be responsible for managing the flow of subcontracts, insurance and financial information from the beginning of Development to the completion of Construction projects.
- Creates and prepares all subcontracts, purchase orders, and changes orders, distributes and enters into Timberline software.
- Insurance/OCIP Management, works with our OCIP partner to collect and maintain Subcontractor insurance documents.
- Prepares and collects required lien releases.
- Collects warranty information and prepares warranty book at project end.
- Works with projects managers in the procurement of permits.
- Maintains the purchase order procedure. Purchases orders (PO) will be written for all materials purchased. Materials purchased are to be purchased in a lump sum not to exceed unit figure for all items.
- Works with the project manager to establish priorities and critical path items.
- Has a weekly meeting with the project manager and vice-president of construction to review project status. (i.e. logs, turnover schedules and subcontractors status.)
- Validation of Subcontractor payment requests & supporting documentation
- Review all payable requests for accuracy and determine if within budget, code appropriately and obtain necessary approvals
- Upload all weekly overhead invoices, monthly Subcontractor draw invoices and special check requests as needed into the invoice routing system
- Manage payments and compliance for all draws, overhead invoices, and check requests
- Ensure accuracy of Supplier joint check requests
- Audit job cost reports for cost overruns and discrepancies
- Process project budget revisions and Owner Change Orders
- Release Subcontractor retainage payments per company guidelines
- Audit invoices as necessary
- Work closely with the Project Management team, Vendors and Subcontractors to research and resolve any discrepancies
- Review and distribute monthly Project specific loan draws
- Liaison with bank and development team regarding loan draws and necessary documentation
- Assist project teams with any questions or needs related to the accounting department
- Meet all required payable and draw deadlines
- Enter budget in Timberline
- Internal reporting to executive management
- Work with corporate accounting to determine draw schedules
- Weekly overhead invoice approvals
- Maintain project tracking logs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Construction Management, or equivalent experience required
- 2-5 years of experience in the construction industry in an accounting capacity preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel programs required. Experience with Timberline and/or Yardi accounting software preferred.
- Experience with AIA documents (specifically G702 and G703)
- Knowledge of construction procedures, rules & regulations
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet daily deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with a commitment to accuracy and attention to details
- Highly effective written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task, be a team player and adapt to shifting priorities